A Bad Advice from a Good Father




Movie Title: Liar Liar
Movie Genre: Comedy, Fantasy
Movie Director: Tom Shadyac
Movie Script Writer: Paul Guay,Stephen Mazur
Movie Casts: Jim CarreyJustin Cooper
A fast track lawyer can't lie for 24 hours due to his son's birthday wish after the lawyer turns his son down for the last time.




Fletcher Reede (Jim Carrey and his son, Max Reed (Justin Cooper) were in the playground just outside the classroom. “Monster Max!”

“Dadzilla, you came to play catch?”

“I’d like to, but I can’t.”

Max was disappointed again.

“I gotta talk to you. Your mommy told me about the wish you made last night. It came true, Max.”

Max was amazed. “Really? You meant, you have to tell the truth?”

“Yes.”

“No matter what?”

“No matter what.”

Max grinned—then suddenly asked in rapid succession. “Is wrestling real?”

“In the Olympics, yes. In Channel 23, no.

“Will sitting too close to the TV set make me go blind?”

“Not in a million years.”

“If I keep making this face,” Max made a horrible face, “will it get stuck that way?”

Fletcher shook his head. “Uh-uh. In fact, some people make a good living that way.”

Fletcher took Max to a bench near them. “Now listen, Max. You’ve gotta do something for me. I need you to take back that wish.”

Max looked sad. “So you can lie?”

“Yes. But, not to you,” Fletcher answered immediately. “You see, Max. Sometimes grownups need to lie. It’s hard to explain, but if…,” Fletcher was thinking for a moment. “Look, here’s a good example. When your mommy was pregnant with you, she gained 40 pounds; there was nothing she wouldn’t eat. And daddy was scared. But when she’d ask me: How do I look? I’d say, Honey, you look great. You’re beautiful. You’re glowing. If I had told mommy she looked like a cow, it would have hurt her feeling. Understand?”

“My teacher tells me a real beauty is on the inside.”

“That’s just something ugly people say. Max, no one can survive in the adult world if they have to stick to the truth. I could lose my case. I could lose my promotion. I could lose my job. Now I need your help, Max.”

Max deeply sighed. “Okay.”
Fletcher revealed a cake and a candle. He took out two birthday hats. He putted one on Max and one on himself.

“Okay. Do whatever you did last night, only this time, make it unwish.”

Not really happy, Max turned to the candle on the cake. He took a breath and blew the candle light out. “I did it.”

“Excellent!” Fletcher drummed the table and looked around. “Now I just need a little test.”

Fletcher spotted an attractive mother. Fletcher hurried to her and said something. And then, she slapped him. Fletcher returned to his son.

“Did it work?”

Fletcher rubbed his sore cheek. “Not like I’d hoped. Did you unwish it?”

Max nodded his head. “Only…”

“What? Only what?”

“Yesterday, when I wished it, I really meant it. This time when I unwished it, I only did it cause u told me to.”

Fletcher lost patience. “All right. Do it again, and this time…mean it.”

“But I can’t!”

“Why not?”

“Cause I don’t want you to lie.”

“I explained this. I have to lie. Everybody lies. Mommy lies. Even the wonderful Jerry lies.”

“But you’re the only one that makes me feel bad.”

Fletcher was stunned by how much this hurts.

The bell was ringing when Max’s teacher called. “Max, recess 'is over, come on in.”

“I have to go.”

“I’m coming over, tonight, Max. You believe me, don't you?”

Max hesitated, and then nodded.

Quotes : “I explained this. I have to lie. Everybody lies. Mommy lies. Even the wonderful Jerry lies.”
“But you’re the only one that makes me feel bad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment